|Date Aired||March 16, 2012|
Spartacus gets a chance for vengeance when a prominent Roman is captured, but will he satisfy his desire at the cost of the greater good? The intrigue amongst Glaber and the women surrounding him heats up.
Gannicus leads the captive Ilithyia to the Rebels camp. Ilithyia, pleading for her life and the life of her unborn child, reveals to Spartacus that the child she carries is not Glaber's, but his own child, conceived the night that Lucretia tricked her into laying with Spartacus.
Ilithyia tries to convince Lucius to send word to Capua of her whereabouts, however, Spartacus enlists him to deliver a message to Glaber. Mira attempts to save Spartacus the burden of killing Ilithyia, but is stopped short. Meanwhile, Glaber and Ashur scour the town for clues about where Gannicus has taken Ilithyia, laying waste to every brothel, with Ashur collecting goods from every corpse.
While this happens Glaber continues to have an affair with Seppia who says she is indebted to him for he is fighting against the man who "supposedly" killed her brother the two then begin to have sex again.Lucretia attempts to reason with Seppia but gets nowhere, and then turns to Ashur for help. But Lucretia notices while being raped by the Syrian who she just angered by slapping him in the face. About to confront Seppia with the news of Glaber being responsible for her brother's death, they are interrupted by Lucius and his message from Spartacus. The message is that in exchange for a wagon filled with arms and armor, the Rebels will release Ilithyia. Glaber appears to agree to the terms. At the agreed time and place, Glaber meets Spartacus with the wagon. After a heated exchange of words by hero and villain, treachery is revealed and the wagon is filled with Ashur and his mercenary band, including a burly and lethal Egyptian warrior, and an all-out battle occurs. Lucius is killed, but Spartacus and most of his men escape, and Glaber returns to Capua without Ilithyia.
Characters in Order of AppearanceEdit
- Claudius Glaber
- The Egyptian
- Gannicus officially becomes a member of the rebel army, though is still treated with disdain by Oenomaus.
- The real father of Ilithyia's child is revealed to be Spartacus, something that was alluded to in Fugitivus.
- This is the last time Spartacus and Ilthyia interact.
- The flashback scene from season 1 where Ilthyia was tricked into having sex with Spartacus by Lucretia making her think she was with Crixus was edited to reveal Liam McIntyre's face when originally it was Andy Whitfield's.
- Seppia learns of her brother's death by Glaber's hands.