|First appearance||S2E01: Fugitivus|
|Last appearance||S2E04: Empty Hands|
|Profession|| Gladiator (House of Batiatus)|
|Relationships|| Liscus (Friend, deceased)|
Acer (Friend, deceased)
Rhaskos (Friend, deceased)
|Status||Deceased (Killed by Roman Soldiers)|
Fortis is part of the group of Gauls, despite not being a Gaul himself. Like them though he is loyal to Crixus and is both volatile and reckless in heated situations, yet he is slightly calmer than the rest of them are.
Fortis is one of the many Gladiators and slaves to escape the ludus following the revolt led by Spartacus where he becomes part of the group of Gauls under Crixus.
The group later takes a villa, south of Capua and use it as a small base of operations.After Agron leaves the group to enter Vesuvius, Fortis remains as one of the few gladiators who decided to accompany Crixus and Spartacus to the mines to rescue Naevia.
While fleeing the ambush there, Fortis sides with Liscus when he argues with Spartacus, wanting to abandon Naevia and the wounded Nasir, who are both slowing their escape. Spartacus refuses, instead sending Liscus and Fortis on ahead to fetch Agron and the other rebels at Vesuvius.
Fortis and Liscus become separated in the forest while trying to evade their Roman pursuers, however.
Alone and outnumbered, Fortis is caught and killed (offscreen), and his body is hung from a tree.
War of the DamnedEdit
At the tribute games to honor Crixus one of the Rebels shouts his name to honor him.
- Brian Manthenga, the actor who played Fortis is 192cm (6'4").
- Fortis is one of many gladiators presented in Vengeance that did not appear in Blood and Sand.
- Fortis' name is among those that are shouted at Crixus' funeral.
- Fortis' origins may lie with the nomadic Tuareg or the agricultural Haratin people in the Numidian tribal confederacy.
- In Latin, Fortis means "one who is strong".
- The word "Aethiopian" was used by Greeks and Romans as the catch-all term for black Africans, as opposed to "Libyan" which described lighter-complexioned Berber or Amazigh populations in North Africa.
"She sends us to our f***ing death!"
―Fortis to Spartacus regarding Mira