|First appearance||S1E02: Sacramentum Gladiatorum|
|Last appearance||S1E13: Kill Them All|
|Profession||Gladiator (House of Batiatus)|
|Relationships|| Kerza (Friend, deceased)|
Duro (Friend, deceased)
Varro (Friend, deceased)
Rabanus (Friend, deceased)
Gnaeus (Friend, deceased)
|Status||Deceased (Killed by Roman Guards)|
Blood and SandEdit
He was once friends with Kerza and is friends with Rhaskos and many other gladiators within the ludus. He can be seen gambling and sparring with several of the other gladiators, only to be easily defeated by them. Besides fighting, he is a helping hand around the ludus whenever needed.
When Spartacus returns from a day of deadly bouts in The Pits, Hamilcar shows clear disgust with the Thracian, calling him a dog and not a real gladiator. Varro tells him to hold his tongue and Hamilcar threatens to kill Spartacus as he sleeps, but is backed down by the determined Varro.
He was the third man to follow Spartacus' plan for escape after Agron and Duro speak with him. During the revolt in the Ludus, Hamilcar is seen fighting well but is ultimately ended by Glaber's guards.
- Siaosi Fonua, the actor who plays Hamilcar is 183cm (6"0) tall.
- Hamilcar has never won a single battle in the series.
- Upon witnessing Hamilcar's death, Duro is horrified and attacks the guard who killed him, suggesting that there was some friendship between the two.
- Hamilcar is also the name of a Carthaginian General, Hamilcar Barca, who refused a truce with Sardinia.
- Historically, the Phoenicians colonized many of the islands of the western Mediterranean since the end of the Second Millenium BCE. And Sardinia was one such Carthaginian-ruled colony until the Romans captured it and the neighboring island of Corsica after the First Punic War, though there were still large Punic enclaves in the islands well into the Common Era. Hamilcar may have come from the Punic community in Sardinia.
- Halmicar was the first named Rebel to die.
- (To Spartacus) Hamilcar: "This is where gladiators sleep, not dogs."