|First appearance||S1E02: Sacramentum Gladiatorum|
|Last appearance||S1E07: Great and Unfortunate Things|
|Profession||Servant (House of Batiatus)|
|Relationships|| Barca (Lover, deceased)|
Gnaeus (Rapist, deceased)
Pietros is shorter and thinner than the gladiators, but has a somewhat toned build. He has dark skin and curly black hair is the style of an afro and wears a distinctive necklace. He also, surprisingly, possesses the brand of Batiatus, something only Gladiators have.
Pietros is Barca's lover. Although not much is seen of them together, the feelings between them appear to be both physical and emotional, as Barca's rough, manly demeanour softens when around Pietros. They share a cell and keep pigeons as pets, whose company Pietros enjoys. He serves the gladiators and is a servant to the household in general. His history and how he ended up in the ludus and with Barca are unknown.
Blood and SandEditPietros is a slave in the House of Batiatus, serving the gladiators by getting their armor, weapons and water if they need it. He resides under Barca's protection from the other gladiators in the ludus. They have the privilege of sleeping in the same cell and share an intimate relationship.
When Spartacus arrived at the ludus, Pietros was the only one to show him any kindness, bringing him water and food when he desperately needed it.
With Barca, he dreams of freedom, but the two mention nothing of it to anyone else. When Barca finally asks Batiatus about him earning their freedom, Batiatus questions Barca on the nature of the boy he ordered Barca to kill. Pietros had earlier revealed to Batiatus that Barca did not kill the boy, but Barca had lied to him and told him that he did not kill the boy because Pietros would have been upset.
However, Ashur's actions leads Batiatus to believe Barca told Pietros the truth, and he kills Barca on suspicion of lying. Pietros is told that Barca left without him, unable to buy both of their freedom. This leaves him heartbroken and lonely, and he soon becomes prey to Gnaeus who ultimately makes him a punching bag and a whore for himself. Eventually this is too much for Pietros and so he hangs himself.
Spartacus would then assault and then eventually kill Gnaeus for this due to Pietros' kindness and Spartacus' hatred of seeing him abused.
- Eka Darville, the actor who played Pietros is 185cm tall or 6'1", making him taller than most of the actors playing gladiators. Camera tricks were used to make him appear shorter.
- Interestingly, Pietros bears the Mark Of The Brotherhood shown in the episode "Delicate Things" despite being a slave and not a gladiator.
- Eka Darville's character shares an interest in birds- in the children's show Power Rangers R.P.M, Darville portrayed red eagle ranger.
- Pietros is the first of the two characters played by actors that had been Power Rangers, the other being Laeta.
- Pietros may be an alternative spelling of the Greek name Petros, meanin 'rock', and the etymological root of the name Peter.
- Pietros' job designation may be Baiulus, which translates as 'bearer' or 'porter'.