Spartacus: Vengeance is the third installment of the Spartacus series, and is the official second season after it's prequel, Spartacus: Blood and Sand. Spartacus: Vengeance premiered on January 27, 2012, and concluded on March 30, 2012.
Spartaucs: Vengeance takes place weeks after Spartacus: Blood and Sand. It follows the story of Spartacus, (who is now portrayed by Liam McIntyre, replacing the late Andy Whitfield) after he and his fellow gladiators murder their master, Batiatus. They must fight Claudius Glaber and his troops, who have been sent to travel to Capua in order to defeat the freed gladiators and slaves. Historically, Vengeance focuses on the time from Spartacus leaving the ludus to the inevitable battle at Mount Vesuvius.
Official Description of Spartacus: Vengeance from Starz
On the heels of the bloody escape from the House of Batiatus that concluded "Spartacus: Blood and Sand", the gladiator rebellion continues and begins to strike fear into the heart of the Roman Republic in "Spartacus: Vengeance". Gaius Claudius Glaber and his Roman troops are sent to Capua to crush the growing band of freed slaves that Spartacus leads before it can inflict further damage. Spartacus is presented the choice of satisfying his personal need for vengeance against the man that condemned his wife to slavery and eventual death or making the larger sacrifices necessary to keep his budding army from breaking apart. Containing all of the blood-soaked action, exotic sexuality, and villainy and heroism that has come to distinguish the series, the tale of Spartacus resumes in epic fashion.
Spartacus: Vengeance © 2011 Starz Entertainment, LLC. All Rights Reserved.
- Liam McIntyre as Spartacus
- Lucy Lawless as Lucretia
- Peter Mensah as Oenomaus – Formerly Batiatus' trainer of gladiators, now a trusted ally to Spartacus.
- Manu Bennett as Crixus – a Gaul, he was Batiatus' top gladiator before Spartacus' arrival. Love interest of Naevia.
- Katrina Law as Mira - a slave that aided in Spartacus' escape. Love interest of Spartacus.
- Viva Bianca as Ilithyia – the daughter of senator Albinius and wife of Glaber. Once a trusted friend of Lucretia before being betrayed soon before the revolt, she and Spartacus share a mutual hatred towards each other.
- Craig Parker as Gaius Claudius Glaber – a Roman army legatus who is responsible for Spartacus' enslavement as a gladiator and now tasked with putting down the revolt.
- Dustin Clare as Gannicus – a former gladiator champion from the ludus who was given freedom.
- Cynthia Addai-Robinson as Naevia – a slave who was banished from the ludus before the revolt and is the love interest of Crixus.
- Nick Tarabay as Ashur - a clever Assyrian slave who narrowly escaped death at the end of the previous season.
- Brooke Williams as Aurelia - widow of Varro, a former gladiator and Spartacus' only real friend in the ludus. Varro was killed, under duress, by Spartacus in Blood and Sand.
- Luke Pegler as Marcus
- A Place in This World
- The Greater Good
- Empty Hands
- Chosen Path
- Wrath of the Gods
Trailers for the new season